What Does an Appraiser Do?
When you’re considering buying a house, there are two sides to the story: the seller’s asking price and the actual value of the property. This is where an appraiser steps in.
What is the job of an appraiser?
An appraiser’s job is to determine the current value of a property. Most of the work is done on-site where the appraiser will:
- Conduct a room-by-room walk-through to determine interior condition.
- Walk the length of the property to determine exterior condition.
- Evaluate any amenities such as a swimming pool, finished basement, or built-in bar.
- Note any health or safety code violations.
- Record the layout of the property. Read more...